Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Summary: Responsible for analyzing the inventory, movement of goods, current processes, identifying and analyzing gaps, and developing process improvements. Skilled in data base and spreadsheet analysis to assist the organization with increasing cash flows, inventory turns, customer service, and productivity. Collects and analyzes data reflecting supply chain activities to include purchasing, demand and supply planning, manufacturing, warehousing, and customer service. Initiates studies to clarify results and define opportunities for profit improvement.
Requires detailed product knowledge and advanced knowledge of Master Planning, Inventory
Management, Materials Requirements Planning. Manages the activities of personnel engaged in
inventory control, distributing materials, equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements New Product Introduction (NPI) project responsibilities for the Materials Management group.
- Represents at project meetings and facilitates the creation of BOMs, new specifications, new
item set-up, communication to buyers, and full project implementation into the ERP system.
- Responsible for assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, developing and
implementing solutions which support demand planning, supply chain operations and customer service.
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of systems master data for products within a given
- Provide annual usage and forecast demand for raw material to obtain best price for standard cost
- Organizes, supervises and directs the work of warehouse personnel engaged in receiving, issuing,
storing and delivering materials and equipment.
- Assures that the warehouse is compliant with CFRs, cGMP requirements and compliant with various foreign regulatory agencies that inspect the organization. Assure warehouse is clean, organized and kept in an orderly condition at all times.
- Analyze inventory in order to create proposal for destruction of excess and obsolete goods.
- Implement inventory reduction and cost savings initiatives.
- Manage issues preventing execution of the Master Planning Schedule and production plan. Issues
include but are not limited to non-conforming materials, late delivery of materials, ever changing lead times of certain materials, etc.
- Analyze assigned customer forecast and make recommendations based on history and input from the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions and departments within the organization.
- The management of Warehouse personnel who support a 24X7 manufacturing operation.
- Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the staff and their overall departments.
- Performs managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications – External Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform
well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives
appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages
growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Review and edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation
to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals. Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps
commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks
correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase
productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance related field. 2-5 years of experience in
pharmaceutical manufacturing related to materials management or procurement desired.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, MS Query, Outlook and Access, ERP Systems (Oracle experience is preferred) as this individual will perform work within these systems on a routine basis.
- Other Qualifications
- Must pass background check
- Must pass drug screen
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to safely follow procedures to work around moving mechanical parts; precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accounts Receivable Manager – Albuquerque
- Accounts Receivable Manager position is in the North Albuquerque
- This is a newly added position due to the company’s growth; salary is competitive.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree – Accounting / Finance is required.
- A working understanding Accounting principles, ERP systems and A/R in a small manufacturing / assembly facility is necessary.
- The career path for this position may lead to Controller in the future.
Management Recruiters of Albuquerque
“24 years of search and recruitment”
505-346-4700 day, 505-235-8936 weekends/evenings
Get APICS Certified candidates. Post your open positions here for all to see.
Add your job postings here! For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (505) 331-8205.